1. major part of practice is provided directly in a field. Students participate on diagnosis of problems, procedures of their solution and follow-up control of effectiveness. Research also contributes to these purposes with its partial manner.
2. team of year-class is defined and organized as real community which through social work methods (i.e. self-reflection, communication, facilitation, mediation and supervision) recognizes, influence and cultivates itself.
Education of some basic subjects is lead in such way that own experience is first-hand material for theoretical reflection and discussion. Theoretical subjects are on the other hand bind up with workshops and practice.
Study is based on three pillars: 1. philosophical, 2. social, 3. practice.
1. Philosophical pillar. Study has phenomologically-anthropological foundation in which personal authentic experience plays important role. We want student to understand “things themselves”, so they can build their theoretical education and practice on understanding that results from natural experience.
This experience is indivisibly connected with return of natural language. We mean by this ability to think and express oneself in language that is immediately understandable and isn’t reducing complex experience and its communication on artificial conceptual constructs. We want students to be able fully and with confidence go upon language through which they can as faithfully as possible express human experience determinant for dealing with clients.
2. Social pillar. Speciality and specific attribute of our study program is study and training community forming study environment during whole period of study. Upbringing and education of students contains use of psychotherapeutic findings, methods, techniques and procedures in social work. This speciality of study program enables our students to cope better with requirements of this field. Students learn to be with their clients in all areas of their life personal and participating and not formal and disaffectional.
They learn in the environment of study community not only social recognition and self-recognition but also authentic, open, independent and creative coexistence with other people. They develop their ability of social orientation, reflection, adaptation, social use and self-enforcement, sense for social needs and requirements. They deepen their social empathy and are systematically leaded towards cultivation of conative characteristics, responsibility and value orientation. Between important values that we profess belongs tolerance, respect and devotion towards difference and individuality of other people and their culture. We appreciate courage, loyalty and endurance in care, protection and building of spiritual traditions of our culture.
Not only high level of personal growth but also ability and habits of life in various types of small human communities represent one of principles of civil society. Human being learns this in family, in wider bunches between relatives and social coalitions that are focused on social cultivation.
Bearer of movement of human community is communication. Student learns both understand it theoretically and actively cultivate it and reflect it personally. Communication depends both on level of self-experience and self-acceptance and on experience, understanding and acceptance of other people. Orientation on communication and adoption of its different forms is unconditional for social work.
Social progress doesn’t get along without cultivation of spiritual values and spiritual experience together with their reflection. Our students have opportunity to meet both theoretically and in their experience with spiritual dimension freely, critically and with respect for plurality of opinions and attitudes.
Objective of community-group process and whole conception of study is restoration and empowerment of life values and trues and empowerment of their bearers in our tradition an in dialogue with spiritual fortune of other cultures.
3. Pillar practice. Practice creates more than 25 % of education. This part of study is organized so that students use their professional education and develop it in concrete situations and tasks with clients and participating parts. Practice is based on real work with clients. Part of practice is supervision responding to up-to-date requirements. Experience from practice is used for year and bachelor papers, eventually publications. Part of practice isn’t only reaction on social needs and problems but also searching for them and their detection. Social work includes also positive social phenomena and changes. Part of practice is devoted also to them – here belong for example use of free time, organizing of common activities, development of individual, family and human communities, entertainment and recreation